For purposes of data protection laws, LiveTime TV, LLC., is the “data controller” of your information collected in connection with the LiveTime TV Services.
You may share personal information when using the LiveTime TV Services. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the LiveTime TV account creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on the LiveTime TV Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you broadcast content, participate in a chat room, post profile information, follow a channel, or subscribe to a broadcast channel. Given the social nature of some of the LiveTime TV Services, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of the LiveTime TV Services are designed to provide others with information about user activity, such as identifying the user who created a particular Clip or the subscription status of users for a given channel. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the LiveTime TV Services.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information LiveTime TV Collects About You
- How LiveTime TV Uses Personal Information
- When LiveTime TV Discloses Personal Information
- Data Subject Rights & Your Choices
- Account Closure & Deletion
- Third-Party Websites and Services
- Advertisers and Analytics Providers
- Do Not Track
- Data Security
- Retention of Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Merger or Sale
- International Data Transfers
- Changes and Updates to This Privacy Notice
- California Privacy Disclosures
- Processing Fees
Personal Information LiveTime TV Collects About You
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the LiveTime TV Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the LiveTime TV Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the LiveTime TV Services.
User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, voice and image (in any content you upload), LiveTime TV username, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, and billing information when you register for LiveTime TV Services; upload, purchase, view, or download certain content or products from the Twitch Services; enter contests or sweepstakes; or otherwise use the features and functionality of the LiveTime TV Services.
Information from Other Sources: We may obtain additional information from third parties and sources other than the LiveTime TV Services. For example, we may obtain additional information from advertisers, games or services you use, or social media networks (such as Facebook) for which you have approved our access. When you access the LiveTime TV Services through social media networks or when you connect the LiveTime TV Services to social media networks, you are authorizing LiveTime TV to collect, store, and use such additional information and content in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may also obtain information from third-party services (such as Riot or Steam) regarding your use of such services, including about your use of the content you choose to broadcast through the LiveTime TV Services. We use this information to supplement the information we collect about you in order to provide more relevant, safer experiences for you with the LiveTime TV Services and improve the LiveTime TV Services, analytics, and advertising. If we combine or associate information from other sources with information that we collect through the LiveTime TV Services, we will treat the combined information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How LiveTime TV Uses Personal Information
- LiveTime TV uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the LiveTime TV Services; provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; manage relationships with LiveTime TV account holders (e.g., Partners, Aﬃliates), including making or receiving payment; improve users’ experience with LiveTime TV by providing content recommendations and by delivering content that we hope users will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests, or rewards programs; prevent fraud and abuse; and understand the usage trends of our users.
- We use your email address and/or telephone number to communicate with you, including to notify you of major LiveTime TV Services updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the LiveTime TV Services. If you want to stop receiving notifications by telephone, reply STOP to any text message from us. Note that we may still send you additional informational or transactional notifications.
- LiveTime TV may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to the LiveTime TV Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can go to your account settings once you have logged in to the LiveTime TV Services or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email from us. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
- LiveTime TV will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and LiveTime TV’s legitimate interests.
When LiveTime TV Discloses Personal Information
We share such information as described below:
- We disclose such information to service providers working on our behalf, such as, to: provide website hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfill orders; conduct data analysis and create reports; oﬀer certain functionality; or assist LiveTime TV in improving the LiveTime TV Services and creating new services and features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize them to use the information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and we require them to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- LiveTime TV may make information available to our aﬃliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with LiveTime TV), and their subsidiaries that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- LiveTime TV may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with U.S. state and federal laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial orother government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
- LiveTime TV also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect LiveTime TV from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the LiveTime TV Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of LiveTime TV, our users, or others.
Other than as set out in this Privacy Notice, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
LiveTime TV’s Privacy Choices page describes your privacy options with respect to the LiveTime TV services, including information about how you may be able to review, update, or delete information that LiveTime TV may have about you. You may decline to share certain information with LiveTime TV, in which case LiveTime TV may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the LiveTime TV Services. If you have created a LiveTime TV Services account, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to the settings page – for example, www. LiveTimeTV.com
For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit LiveTime TV’s use of information that you have provided directly to LiveTime TV, you may contact Hello@livetimetv.com In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and residents of Brazil can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling).
- Update personal information that is out of date or
- Delete certain personal information we hold about
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal
For more information on how to exercise these rights, click here. If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Account Closure & Deletion
If you would like to close your account and delete your profile information on www.LiveTimeTV.com go to EDIT PROFILE: SETTINGS: DELETE ACCOUNT. For LiveTime TV Services other than LiveTimeTV.com, you may update or delete information tied to your account, or close an account, by accessing the “Edit Profile” area of the service. If you close your account, LiveTime TV may retain certain information about you for the activities described in this Privacy Notice, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Third-Party Services and Websites
The LiveTime TV Services may link to third-party websites or services. The privacy practices of those third parties are not governed by this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites and services to understand their practices.
If you connect to a third-party service (such as Facebook, Twitter, or another third-party application) through the LiveTime TV Services or otherwise link your LiveTime TV account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf (such as your username, the fact that your connection originated from the LiveTime TV Services, and other relevant usage and diagnostic information) with such third party. We may also send information about the content you watch or your activities on the LiveTime TV Services to such third parties. For example, we may make information available to app developers, game developers, and game publishers to facilitate purchases and awards of digital goods, such as games and in-game items.
The LiveTime TV Extensions program allows broadcasters to embed interactive, custom, third- party content and applications on their channel pages. You can find out more about the specific Extension(s) operating on a given channel by clicking on the attribution links or icons that LiveTime TV will make available on the channel page, for example, on the LiveTime TV video player or at the bottom of an Extension’s panel.
Interaction by a viewer with an Extension or with the channel on which the Extension is activated will provide the developer that operates the Extension with viewer information of the nature described above in “Automatically Collected Information.” LiveTime TV does not provide access to your user name or ID to third-party Extension developers as part of the LiveTime TV Extensions program unless you click “Grant Access” within the Extension or you install an Extension on your channel. You are responsible for any information you provide to the developer independently, for example, through a web form on the Extension or visiting that developer’s website.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
LiveTime TV may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with the LiveTime TV Services. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the LiveTime TV Services. The information collected (described above in “Automatically Collected Information”) may be shared with or collected directly by these services and processed to evaluate your use of the LiveTime TV Services.
LiveTime TV may also work with third-party ad networks, advertisers, and advertising analytics providers to target (and measure the performance of) ads to you both on and oﬀ the LiveTime TV Services. We may share with these third parties (or they may directly collect) data such as cookie and mobile ad identifiers in order to engage in advertising activity (including to understand how you respond to advertisements and to serve relevant ads). LiveTime TV also works with third parties to serve ads to you oﬀ LiveTime TV’s Services. When we do so, we may share information such as your email address or resettable device identifier for that advertising partner to “match” to other information that may have about you.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide the Network Advertising Initiative, Your Online Choices and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out links above. However, LiveTime TV does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
LiveTime TV uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to LiveTime TV, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
LiveTime TV maintains data related to your usage of LiveTime TV for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required (or permitted) by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. Once you have asked us to close your account and delete your profile information, we will delete all information that we are not required or permitted to retain by law.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE LIVETIME TV SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, LiveTime TV does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information (as defined by the United States
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from persons under 13 years-of-age. If LiveTime TV learns that personal information of persons under 13 has been collected on or through the LiveTime TV Services, LiveTime TV will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a LiveTime TV Services member, then please contact LiveTime TV at Hello@livetimetv.com to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
For residents of the EEA and residents of Brazil where the processing of personal information is based on consent, LiveTime TV will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Merger or Sale
In the event that LiveTime TV, or some or all assets related to the LiveTime TV Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
International Data Transfers
Information collected by LiveTime TV may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States (for instance in our major data centers), or in any other country where LiveTime TV or its aﬃliates, subsidiaries, partners, or service providers are located or maintain facilities. If we provide any information about you to any such entities, we will take appropriate measures to ensure such companies protect your information adequately in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
Changes and Updates to This Privacy Notice
LiveTime TV reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time (for example to reflect updates to the LiveTime TV Services or to reflect changes in the law). Please check this Privacy Notice periodically for those changes. Your continued use of the LiveTime TV Services after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past under a prior version of the Privacy Notice without the consent of aﬀected individuals